Thursday, April 28, 2005

A moment of venting in the direction of Worth/Psych Services: Grr to making it hard to get a new Rx written for a medicine that I've been taking for 5 years with no adverse side effects. Grr for requiring regular therapy in order to actually get such an Rx - in my case all signs point to chemical imbalance (family history, great response to meds, etc), and both psychiatrists I've seen over the course of these past 5 years have basically said that I don't need therapy. I understand the need for caution, the desire to evaluate things for yourself, etc... But good grief. My family is moving, I'm not going home for most of the summer, the shrink I was seeing told me to just start getting the Rx through my normal doctor, but I'm between family doctors... I'm stable and I just want to continue my prescription so I stay that way - is that really so much to ask?

However, yay for the doctor who wrote me a Rx for a month to see me through the rest of the semester and give me time to figure out what to do. And yay for the psychiatrist back home who will most likely write me an Rx for 3 months to see me through the rest of the summer and give me time to get a new doctor and see them about this.

I managed to get my toe smashed by a chair at lunch. It hurt like hell, but the pain has now subsided, though it smarts a bit when I bend it. It doesn't look pretty at all - white scrape along the base of the nail, some obvious damage to the nail, perhaps a little blood. My toenails are sparkly pink, so I can't tell if underneath the nail is bruised... However, it's not broken, and it's not too bad, so it's okay. It just hurt like hell for a good 3 minutes or so.

Time to do some serious paper writing now, even if I can't make myself focus.

No comments: