Thursday, April 07, 2005

Yay for Robert! I was stressed and upset, so I left my stuff in Cornell and went for a walk. I knew Kyle was in seminar, so I couldn't talk to him. I tried calling home, but I got the answering machine. So I wandered into the science center and went by Paley's lab just in case... And Robert was in there, working on the computer. I went in, and he calmed me down, and told me it would be okay. If I didn't get the library or the admissions job, I could see if there was anything else available on campus. And if there wasn't, he said he could help me look for jobs in bookstores and music stores in the surrounding area, perhaps in Philly. And that made me feel a lot better. And Kyle also suggested that I could see if the area library had positions available, even if they were just on a volunteer basis. After all, an unpaid internship and volunteer work? Pretty similar.

So I feel better now, and I'm going to go by the library tomorrow and see if I can get an answer out of someone. Now I'm going to watch Scarface while revising my classics paper... (by hand, unfortunately, as I need the computer to watch the movie) And then later tonight I need to read for English, and then go to bed and sleep.

No comments: